- Within all its site, Minakem has implemented a state-of-the-art Safety Management System and enforced high quality Environment protection. These efforts in safety, hygiene and environment protection have qualified Minakem’s factory as SEVESO-2 approved industrial site.
- Minakem has a state-of-the-art waste water collection and treatment system and a dedicated unit for distilling and recycling solvents in accordance with cGMP procedures. This environmentally-compliant treating and storage area provides for all kinds of solid, liquid and gaseous chemicals. The wastewater treatment facility uses a membrane bio-reactor system, with ultra-filtration through ceramic membranes and distillation.
- Minakem is continuously improving processes to reduce the carbon foot and reduce volumes and waste as a good steward of the environment.
Safety is paramount
"Training and Prevention is the cornerstone in our risk-management approach"
Jean-Francois Valemberg , HSER Manager
- As a leading fine chemicals European manufacturer and responsible company, MINAKEM's management makes sure that such values are shared by all our employees, and a general policy is enforced on our sites. The Group's SHE policy is integrated in rationale processes with a continuous performance improvement and monitoring of indicators by a management committee. As part of its waste-control management systems, MINAKEM systematically proceeds with an impact assessment for all products as regards safety, health and environmental issues.
- MINAKEM is actively participating and following-up on the evolutions of European standards. Such changes are implemented by our internal experts in relation with national and European agencies. Training and Prevention are the cornerstone in our risk-management approach.
- Every new process developed by MINAKEM or transferred to our facilities is subject to a full risk evaluation (stability, thermal degradation studies, process safety¡) within our RC1 Laboratory. This process is driven by the technical project management teams with the expertise of our Hazardous Process Prevention laboratory.
*Beuvry and Dunkirk is subject are SEVESO II (French) Approved sites
Support Local Communities
- Our recruitment programs make local employment a priority in an area subject to high unemployment levels.
- We train job applicants with required potential but low scholar qualification levels for positions within the organization. We have on-going relations with both schools, universities and local administration to achieve this goal.
- We have regular meetings with local authorities, we communicate with local associations and neighbours to keep them informed of our activities, developments and all related safety measures enforced on site.